Just sent out the inaugural weekly(ish) newsletter for The Secondary Break. So be sure to subscribe to the mailing list (see the bottom right of the site) if you’re interested in having updates and Carolina/ACC basketball datasets delivered to your inbox.
In this edition, I included a link to my UNC Lineups spreadsheet that includes +/- and 4 Factors data for every Carolina combination and player this season. Future newsletters will contain additional data links– things like defensive charting, historical UNC lineups, historical ACC player stats, etc.
I also included some Carolina all-time leaderboard updates in the newsletter. I’ll share those here, but the weekly email will probably become the go-to place for that information going forward.
Career Leaderboard Updates:
- With 12 points against Wisconsin, Justin Jackson became the 74th member of UNC’s 1,000-point club. He has 1,003 career points.
- Kennedy Meeks moved to 65th place on the career scoring list with 1,077 points. He’ll soon pass Jerry Stackhouse, who’s 64th with 1,080.
- Joel Berry (98th with 758) and Isaiah Hicks (T99 with 753) both moved into UNC’s top 100 all-time scoring list vs. Wisconsin.
- Berry also hit his 100th career 3-pointer against the Badgers. He’s moved from 29th to 25th so far this season on the career made 3s list.
- Meeks has likewise moved up from 29th to 24th on the all-time rebounding leaderboard with 749 (including 75 in 7 games this year).
- Berry, Jackson, and Britt are all in Carolina’s top 50 for career assists. The 3 are currently bunched very tightly with Berry in 44th with 227, and Jackson/Britt tied for 45th with 223.
- Berry, who’s 28-30 from the line this season including hitting his last 26, has moved into first place on UNC’s all-time FT% list. His career mark of 85.5% tops Shammond Williams’s 84.9%– at least for now.